Monday, November 14, 2016

Keeping Up The Flame with Maybelline SuperStay 24 Lip Color

I've never really been a big fan of liquid lip color. I've always preferred a stick, a gloss or a balm. This 2-in-1 lip color comes with it's own balm, so I was willing to give it a chance and now I am hooked!


I have never had a lip color last as long as this one, especially "Keep Up The Flame". Red just doesn't like to stay on my lips. 



Application is simple and takes little time and effort, so these are easily an every day beauty staple.
Step 1. Apply liquid color to clean, bare lips. Allow two minutes to dry. 
Step 2. Apply conditioning balm to seal in moisture. Easy peasy!



I tried two colors. "Constant Toast" a pretty, shimmery nude color. I NEVER wear nudes, but I loved it and enjoyed wearing it for daytime activities. It looked nice with my pale skin and lasted all day...even while sipping coffee and eating meals. You can easily reapply the balm on top and it helps boost shine and moisturize your lips. 


"Keep Up The Flame" is perfect for night time. I love Reds and really liked how this looked on me. I've never had a red last an entire night out. Zero mirror checks needed. Just reapply the balm once or twice after eating and drinking and it looks great.


The color is a tad sticky while you wait for it to dry, so try to keep your lips parted. Once the balm is on, they will feel soft and smooth. My lips did feel a bit dry throughout the day, but reapplying the balm fixed that issue.


Maybelline suggests using oil based makeup remover, but my Micellar Water did the trick when it was time to clean up. 

I am extremely happy with this lipcolor and will be grabbing some more shades in the future! I would totally recommend!



Many thanks to Maybelline and Influenster for giving me complimentary samples of Maybelline SuperStay 24 Longwear Lip Color. All opinions expressed are 100% honest, unbiased and my own.



~Crystal Vicious

No comments:

Post a Comment