Saturday, November 5, 2016

Skin2Spirit Lipstick


After trying Skin2Spirit's lipgloss, I couldn't wait to get my hands on one of their lipsticks.


Since it's Autumn I grabbed one in "Pomegranate"...
This is a matte lipstick in a medium, berry pink tone, perfect for Fall.


This lipstick came packaged like their glosses, in a cute green giftbag. 


These lipsticks are new, so the containers do not have logos yet, and the ingredients are printed on a sticker at the moment. The company says these things will be updated soon, so I will not comment on that, even though I'm not bothered by the current packaging.


What I do have a complaint about is the taste and smell of this lipstick. Skin2Spirit claims they use all natural and non-toxic ingredients, and for the pricetag, that's what I would expect. Their lipgloss was absoultely brillant, don't get me wrong, but the lipstick was gross. 



The scent and taste is exactly like the $1.00 lipsticks you would get at the Dollar Store as a pre-teen. The nostalgia it brought was not the good kind. I'm not sure what ingredient is causing this. Maybe it's something that is specific to the color I chose. There isn't even a hint of the vanilla that is advertised on the product listing. The vanilla is the BEST part of their lipgloss, so I was extrememly disappointed by this. 


I really loved the color, which bums me out more. The longevity was really good too. A bit came off on my coffee cup, but most of the color stayed throughout my morning. I retouched after lunch time. I didn't notice much moisturizing action, but it wasn't drying either. I ended up putting a layer of Skin2Spirit's lipgloss on top to cover the unpleasant taste and smell. 



I give this lipstick 3 out of 5 stars. It would be amazing if it didn't bother my senses so much. Having to mask it with a strong scented lipgloss everytime will end up being a hassle, and an extra expense for something that already has a pretty high price tag. 

I'm hoping it's just because of the shade I picked, or maybe I just recieved a bad stick. I want to love this company. I don't think I would recommend this, at least not in "Pomegranate"... or if they adjust the formula.

***Update 11/15/16: Kathi from Skin2Spirit sent me a replacement lipstick in "Berry Red". It was fabulous! No funky scent or taste. I'm thrilled. It went on smooth and lasted a long time, just like the Pomegranate. I would give this one 5 stars. Much better! Also, many thanks to the company for being awesome to work with!***



I received this product at a discount. This review is 100% honest, unbiased, and my own.

~Crystal Vicious


No comments:

Post a Comment