Friday, April 8, 2016

Guitars and Guitar Accessories


I received a guitar as a gift for Christmas because I have always wanted to learn how to play. I watched lots and lots of YouTube videos and was able to play a few chords. Then I searched for songs to learn...but every one I wanted to play used a capo. Thus began my search for a capo.

A capo is an instrument used to shorten the playable length of the guitar strings, hence raising the pitch. The capo I have is from G-Sharp. It's a spring-clamp capo, with two bars. A rubber one to barre the strings, and a plastic one that presses against the back of the neck of the instrument to hold the rubber bar in place. The bars are attached at grips, pressed together by a spring. 


When squeezed together this pulls the two bars apart, so one can quickly release the capo's grip to apply or adjust the capo. This capo is lightweight and is easy to remove and reposition with just one hand. 

The back bar rested against the back of the neck of my acoustic guitar perfectly. It stayed in place, even if I bumped it a tad. It had a strong hold. The rubber bar also rested on all six strings perfectly. I loved the higher pitch. The notes sounded great. Not flat, no buzzing. The construction was good. The capo is made of a plastic that seems quite durable.

I don't know how a professional or seasoned musician would feel about this capo, but as a beginner I love it. I didn't need anything to fancy since I am only learning. This capo served it's purpose for me. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. I did not receive the gold pick that was advertised as a free gift on Amazon, so that's a bit of a bummer. I would definitely recommend this to guitar students or beginners, and even to musicians who would like to have some spare capos around.

Grab one here!


I received this product at a discount. This review is 100% honest, unbiased, and my own. 

~Crystal Vicious


No comments:

Post a Comment