Saturday, February 20, 2016

Best Digital Thermometer


As someone with a crap ton of chronic illnesses, it is very important that I have a reliable oral thermometer. I have gone through countless thermometers over the past decade alone and one thing I have learned was that I need a thermometer with a flexible tip. This is important to me because non flexible thermometers cause pain in my mouth. Nanci Perrin's Thermometer already scores one point for being comfortable under my tongue. 

This digital thermometer comes in a hard plastic case that protects it. It is a good size, not small but not huge. The LCD display is huge though, but that is great. It makes reading your temperature easy, even if your so sick you can't focus. I have yet to have a fever, so I have not heard the fever alarm yet. It appears to take accurate readings as I have felt fine and my temp has been between 97.9-98.2 which is my usual range.

Another great aspect of this thermometer is that it is waterproof! This makes cleaning a breeze! I have ruined some thermometers in the past by accidentally splashing water on the display while cleaning. Taking a temp has never been so fast, I only had to wait about 10 seconds to get a reading. The thermometer is made well and seems quite durable.  It is super easy to use. I did need to hold the button down for a few seconds before the first use to switch from Celsius to Fahrenheit, but after that...simple. Push the one button, place the sensor, wait for beep, read, and then push button to turn off.

This thermometer can be used for babies and children as well. It can take axillary and rectal temperatures.
I like everything about this thermometer and am glad to add it to my drawer of medical supplies. I trust it will do it's job and it will hold up for quite some time. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. I received this product at a discount. My review is 100% my own and I have given my honest opinion.

Order one off Amazon.

~Crystal Vicious 


1 comment:

  1. It's always good to have at least one thermometer in the house.

    ReplyDelete