Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Dinosaur Toy Planter Tutorial


These dinosaur planters are super adorable and really easy to make! All you need is an X-Acto blade, hollow toy dinos, soil, and tiny plants. I'm rooting spider plant babies in mine right now...until I am able to steal some succulents from my guy friend. Then I will have an entire herd of spiky little dinosaurs! 





If you already have plants selected for these guys, you can use a pen to mark out a square/rectangle on the back of your dinosaur. I didn't with the Brontosaurus because I knew I wanted his entire back removed to fill it with spidey babies. Use your X-Acto to remove the panel from the dinosaur. I told you, it's super easy. 



Now, just fill up the dino with soil (or water in my case) and place the plants inside. These are absolutely adorable. Using these for succulents or air plants woud make a great gift for any dinosaur lover.



Bonus: This Parasaurolophus didn't like standing up on his own, but he fit perfectly in my Marimo aquarium. These Dinos are a fun addition to terrariums and aquariums too!

For more Dino DIY ideas, check out this tutorial for the Jewelry Organizer I made.

~Crystal Vicious 

No comments:

Post a Comment