Friday, May 27, 2016

Ordering From China is Like a Box of Chocolates. You Never Know What You're Going to Get.

I am a huge lover of minerals. Not only because my name is Crystal, but because they are beautiful to look at, and I love that you can put healing energy into them. Even if it's only a placebo effect, it's a nice way to relax, for me anyway. I have been collecting crystal jewelry since I was a child. My name is Crystal, it became a theme. I saw this gold dipped quartz necklace and had to have it. I don't wear much gold, therefore have never owned any golden mineral pieces.

When this necklace arrived, I was surprised by it's size. It was ginormous! I don't usually wear such large pieces, but I was willing to make it work. Then I noticed how unattractive this piece was. There was a gouge in the front, and almost half of the back of the quartz was gone. You could even see strips of the gold paint running down the back. I was so disappointed.



 I wrote to the company and they apologized and quickly sent me a new necklace.The first necklace was delivered by Amazon, the second came all the way from China itself. I opened the second package, and the new quartz was half the size of the first. I was okay with this. The sheer size of the first one was stunning, but I'm sure it wouldn't be very comfortable to wear. The second necklace was much more reasonable.




The chains on these are long, thin, light and cheap feeling, but they look nice. The color is nice, and I love the extra detail in the chain. The clasp holding the crystal itself is also pretty cheap. I would be very gentle with this necklace. There is a thin layer of gold, kind of haphazardly painted onto the top of these necklaces. It's not very even, and the tops of them are pretty jagged.




I took a photo of another crystal necklace with a silver top to show the difference in quality. I bought the silver one at the Museum of Science for $10, about 15 years ago. The quartz itself is a bit cloudy and banged up, but you can only tell from close inspection. From a distance I love the necklace. The chain length is great. The second crystal's size is perfect, and the weight is good. I'll just be sure to be mindful of it, in case the chain breaks.


I give this necklace 3 out of 5 stars. There are a few cons, but I still like it and I will wear it. Just be weary, like most things ordered from China, you might be in for a surprise, like completely different sized products, or ones that vary from the product photo. The company did send me a replacement, so their customer service was good, but I had to wait a lot longer than the usual two day shipping I get with Amazon Prime. I wouldn't order this if I needed it quickly.


If you want to try your luck, you can order here.

I received this product at a discount. This review is 100% honest, unbiased, and my own. 

~Crystal Vicious


No comments:

Post a Comment