Friday, March 11, 2016

Adult Coloring with Colored Pencils.

I am very late to jump on the adult coloring boat. This is probably because I do enough art to appease my creative side. I did however come across an awesome colored pencil set, and I have yet to try drawing with only colored pencils. The amazingly talented Karen Hallion put out a coloring sheet in January after David Bowie's passing. I figured there was no better page to color than this one. 
This set is from Ohuhu and comes with 48 colors. There is a decent variation, lots of skin tones and neutrals. It has plenty of blues and greens, but I'd like some more reds and oranges. They blend very well, so at least I can mess around with tones a bit.
The come in a nice tin case with two plastic "shelves". You can easily pick up one and stick it into the lid. Each pencil has it's own slot. The ends are marked with the color of each pencil, so they are easy to differentiate. I might get around to organizing them by color, as they are also numbered. They do slide around if you are not gentle. When the package arrived, none of the pencils in the top row were even in a slot, and there were a few broken tips with powdered lead everywhere.
These were comfortable to hold and had a nice grip because their hexagonal shape. They sharpened nicely. The leads were soft, but did not break easily. I was able to apply light and hard pressure to get different values. I really enjoyed working with these pencils and would rate them 4 out of 5 stars. I would recommend them to anyone who would like to color, draw, or use them for any other types of arts and crafts. 

Coloring in the Goblin King. Coloring page by Karen Hallion.

Grab a set on Amazon.


I received this product at a discount. This review is 100% honest, unbiased, and my own. 

~Crystal Vicious

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Agility Ladder Manufacturer

    ReplyDelete