Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Organizing Art Supplies!


When you are an artist, your supplies WILL take over. I try to keep all my paint organized by type in one corner of my room. That is where this U.S. Art Supply wooden brush box comes in. The one I have is the large one at 15" x 4 1/8" x 1 3/8". I was easily able to fit 15 large long handled brushes in this box. I have several jars that I keep all my different brushes in...and since this box is multi-functional, I used it for paints instead.

The box is made of a beautiful beech wood with an oil finish. Some of the edges are a bit rough. I haven't gotten a sliver or anything, but I will likely sand them down a bit. The lid slides in okay, with a little finagling the lid will slide into place and the end will be flush. 


I really like the color of the wood, but it is a little blah for me. After I clean up the edges I was thinking of painting something on the top of the lid to give the box some character. I think I will love the end result. Customization is always fun, and I like that I will be able to add my own touch.

This box is handsome, study, and can hold a vast array of supplies. I am storing 18 12 ml tubes of watercolors in it right now. It's so much more convenient than digging through a huge box or drawer of tubes and carrying them to my desk. 
I give this box 4 out of 5 stars. It's awesome, but I wish the edges were less rough. I would recommend this for any artist, or anyone who likes to stay organized.

Grab one on Amazon.

I received this item at a discount. This review is 100% honest, unbiased, and my own. 

~Crystal Vicious 

No comments:

Post a Comment